Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Year of the Tiger

chinese new year was on Sunday this year, which means I've got more time with my family and also more time to prepare for reunion dinner on Saturday.
All thanks to the technology, we had reunion dinner with Denise's family. Late reunion dinner I would say, considering is 8pm Sydney time. but nevertheless, is good to keep up with the "minimum" tradition. We had quite a number of dishes prepared, including, fish, prawns, meat and chinese cookies!
Sunday was spent at home. Letty put up the webcam and we managed to "bai nian" to my relatives over the internet. New way. But nice. Good be able to wish my dad and mum happy chinese new year. and for those people who doesnt appreciate younger generation like us trying to keep the traditions alive, stuff yourself. because you are just being jealous and you are not having what you want from your kids. is because of people like you, that's why traditions are not keep up. that's why your kids are not caring at all. I'm just glad my parents and even my grandma appreciates what we have done. Enough of the sledging, there are some people in the world that wants to bring you down. No point fussing over them. Bloody 2 face.
Anyway, besides the events, basically, is back to work on monday because there were no holidays in Aussie for CNY. Celebrations along Chinatown were bigger this year, with fireworks, and parade. But I'm not going to squeeze and shuff with all the professionals ah tiong.
Hopefully, the year of the tiger brings some courage in some of us to chase after what we want and struck some fear in those that wants to bring us down. Roar!

Labels: