Monday, April 5, 2010

Engagement 03 April 2010

She said "Yes, I will!" at the highest point in Sydney. Yes, as according to plan, I was engaged at approximately 6.30pm on a Saturday evening overlooking Sydney at its very best vantage point. Right in front of us are the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. 2 iconic landmarks that represent where we are for our last 5 years. Where is there a better place to propose to my lovely partner of 8 years. Before anything, we need a surprise and we need a plan! and I will reveal all here step by step how I, as Denise says in her blog, "He planned. He organized. He plotted. He cahoot. He skyped. He white-lied."
Date: I need a meaningful date. April will be the best month because it is our 99th month together. 8 years and 3 months. Pretty good number for the chinese. With Denise's brothers coming for a trip for the weekend, it will be a fantastic timing to do it in April.
Place: where will it be a memorable place to pop the question. Always in the plans are the Zoos because Denise love animals. My initial idea was to propose as part of the everyday elephant feeding time at Taronga Zoo. For one of the elephants to bring a huge box containing the ring in there. However, this is the response
"Hi Clement,
Unfortunately due to the impending elephant birth we are unable to allow your request with our elephant group. We have had many proposals occur during our free flight bird show which would involve a Galah flying up to your partners hand and delivering the ring. Or if you wanted to stay over as part of our roar and snore program arrangements can be made to make it an extra special night for you both.
Let me know your thoughts on this and I can follow it up."

What is a Galah? is a bird! No. No way I'm entrusting my ring to the birds which I have many bad experiences with. Send a couple of emails to the Sydney Wildlife Park and Sydney Aquarium, NO response at all. No Nothing. I was pretty pissed off with them.

2nd idea: to liaise with the staff at Tulloch Winery, Hunter Valley to hand her a special menu for the day, which will contain a card and all the times we were together before she turns back to see me on one knee. Letty will be snapping photos away while I pop the question. Denise's brothers will be with us after Port Stephens. However this will take a bit coordination as we will be travelling up to Port Stephen's first with the sand dunes and dolphin cruise before making our way down to the Hunter Valley for the event. Will be too distracted.

Sydney Tower. Whilst surfing for the best attractions in Sydney, I came across the site for Sydney Tower and the special events they hold at the top of the tower. Sydneysiders won't even give a second thought about going to the observatory deck, let alone paying extra to go for the walk. But I was thinking, this will be very special. Standing at the highest point in Sydney, where we build our careers and experience our best moments so far and to get engaged at this location will be fantastic and meaningful. Proceeded to contact the staff members and was not expecting too many high hopes as they are managed by the same company as the Sydney Wildlife Park and Sydney Aquarium and worst, the contact email on the website bounced back! *pooF! I was thinking. What the?! I rang them up, and surprisingly they were very responsive. Eoin (pronounced as "Erwin") Kennedy, tower supervisor, very prompt replies with the emails, impressive.
"Hi Clement,
How are you?
I’ve attached the Skywalk Proposal Procedures. So the cost for the five of you will still be $500. Attached is the Skywalk Proposal guide I hope it helps. The dates should be ok just need to know what time you were thinking of.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me. "
$500... hmm. thats a bit too pricey, but upon further emails, I can do it with the normal price with the public and they will be more than happy to help me out with the whole process. *Bingo!
Location: Secured!
Props: Pending.
"Cahooters": Pending.

Labels: