Thursday, September 17, 2009

3 down 4 to go

what i've learnt at toastmasters today was something new.
I've learnt to evaluate others and I think it is important to know my evaluation skills and letting people know of the comments in a tactful way.

Evaluation skills make you think what the other party is trying to say, concentrating on their contents and making your mind work while others are speaking.

Honestly, I didnt do a good job of evaluating my fellow speechcrafter. Because I would have to present my comments in 5 mins after the speech from the person i'm evaluating. Being unprepared, I stammered and stuttered and in 2 mins, i said 8 uhm/ahs. Not good.

Anyway, good learning experience and I look forward to the next session which I'm suppose to present on a random subject for 3 - 5 minutes.

until next Thursday

Labels: