Monday, December 28, 2009

Somethings Bothering..

had dinner @ Taste of Thai along Belmore Road, Randwick. Have been visiting there ever since I came over here 5 years ago. To Denise and I, that's still the best Thai restaurant we've been, food, service and cost wise.
The prices over the past years have been increasing but by not much and we are more than willing to pay for the quality. Tonight, we went there, surprised to see that the menu has changed. more variety and of course a steep increase in the price. Food quality still stays about the same although Denise's Pad Kee Mao was abit too salty and wet today.
I can say for sure we will still go back there for Thai food, but somethings bothering me when I saw the new improved menu which spark a conversation with Denise.

over the last 5 years, I've realised there are a lot of changes in Sydney. Not too sure about other cities or states. Public transport fees are increasing, the services are not, what we get is more people on the bus, less comfy, more delays and higher costs. Why?
Traffic jams on the Harbour Bridge are getting longer to clear. There isnt back to back vehicles on a regular weekday 6.30pm few years back. At the moment, I can't see the problem easing anytime soon with the increase in population.

Today's shopping experience was another shock. Queues to get into the car park which has more than 2000 spaces. Queues to grab a table for lunch/dinner. Queues to pay @ the cashier. Somethings bothering me with all the influx of ppl. Is it time to get out and as denise says:

is it time for us to move forward in a quicker way. time doesnt wait for anyone. we need to move faster to achieve our goals quicker.

somethings bothering me the way I operate. the way i'm functioning. it isnt right and fast enough. ppl get what they want. i want to get what i want as well. sometimes, appreciation aint that good anymore. worse, you dont even get that nowadays.

Labels: