Sunday, April 18, 2010

Remember 03 April 2010

the day that I've long waited, the day where all my plans will be executed is here. not before a trip up north for some inspections where I couldn't let my guard down. Many emails to the banker, solicitor and agent did cause some delays, but I gotta be cool about it and use some of the tactics to get us going. (btw, i sang "do you remember" every now and then)
Still remember practising my speech in the bathroom while she, my fiancee-to-be type the email away. Letty, at this moment, has already got the flowers and left it at the Tower. The Sydney Tower personnel ought to be complimented. Their organisation and communication from Day 1 has been fantastic. Questions all answered. Gave me more confidence that things will go as per normal.
Picked up Chew Wey at Central and "forgot" my phone in the car park to pick up the ring from the boot since the night before. Met up with Letty at the Tower and liaise with them to take photos at the lobby while I got the tickets (and speaking to Cathy to some last minute briefing)
6pm soon arrived after we toured through the observatory deck. got suited up and the next crucial step was to get the ring, which I've passed to the staff earlier, to attached it my wrist on a rubber wrist band. Pass through the metal detector, surprisingly, it didnt beep even though my mobile was with me. how safe is that. luckily denise didnt suspect anything and I went back regardless under Cathy's prompt to get it sorted.
i was the last one through on the deck of Sydney Tower. As planned. Enjoying the view and repeating the 2 sentences, picturing myself on one knee and proposing at the toppest point in Sydney, where we both started our careers and shared many joy, laughters and tears.
When the time came for us to do a funny pose, Denise wanted to kiss me. I rejected her and told her "remember what I promised you the next time I brought you flowers?"
Hands over mouth, tears forming, surprised 'pok pok' look. Seriously, i didnt hear a thing of what's happening around. went down on one knee, the tears came down too. "As we approach our 99months, I've got one simple question, just one simple question, Will You Marry Me." I took her hand, took the ring out and slid it into her 4th finger on the left hand which leads closest to the heart. She said Yes! Whenver I think back, I can still her surprised yet joyful expression. That expression was not easy to describe. It was like, anything in the world didnt matter, the world stood still, we were happy, we were into another chapter, another stage in our relationship. The smile, mixed with the happy tears, sums up the best moment I ever felt. That 1 min moment felt like forever, and I wish that can happened.
The flowers were a bonus. They brought it up to the deck and that made it the whole event even sweeter. The rest of the tour didnt matter. All I hear, is congratulations and thank you. All I see is her. I've passed her the card. The card opened the floodgates once again. She loves it. I love her.
That's a good summary of remembering 03 April 2010. The photos were well taken as well. the whole process. 2010 has just changed. changed for the better.

Labels: