Sunday, August 30, 2009

Snowtrip Thredbo 2009


took me a while to get this entry going, tired and in pain after my 1st experience with snowboarding. Still recovering for my hurt ribs.
Overall it was a wonderful experience, tried my hands on snowboarding and I'm actually lucky enough to witness falling snow with Denise. I like that.
Snowboarding on the first day was all right, continuously falling down and picking myself up, aching almost everywhere from neck to shin. Blue-blacks everywhere. Getting off the chair-lift is tricky enough. Second day, we are just happy to take in the scenaries around us and was by the time too tired to go around for more snowboarding and to prevent more injuries.
Now, I do have the urge to go back and snowboard again. Not with the tour that we went to though. Just our luck for boarding the first available bus. 5 cartons of beer, 1 bottle of scotch and 1 bottle of vodka with numerous cans of mixers finished in 4 hrs. You can imagine how rowdy and freaking drunk those donkeys are. Not impressed.
Besides the bus trip, there was one incident which I thought I could do better. Sorry that you have to through this again. Actually this is one of the reason why I'm delaying this blog.
All in all, I think I'm 70% satisfied with this trip. Majority goes to the experience of snowboarding, visiting a new part of the world and witnessing snowfall with Denise. Not the bus trip. Not the place. Not the tour group.

Labels: