Monday, February 1, 2010

Purchase and ATM Withdrawal

tried 2 facilities with my new ING Orange Everyday Account last week.
1. made a purchase using my key card and ING gave me $20 for my first purchase transaction. Down side of this is that I'm charge a small fee (20cents) for an international transaction which I have not come across before using my other cards. Another fee of a dollar is charged for paypal authorisation. This may not be part of ING but a fee required by Paypal.
2. Withdrew $200 from one of the ATMs and was told I need to pay a fee of $2. Went back online to check, ING immediately refunded the ATM fee as I withdrew more than $200. Very happy with that. Down side is I need to control my budget tighter now that I have cash in hand.
How good is that. I've got $20 making my first purchase and making my first deposit. I'll get another $20 for a direct debit transaction which is currently proving to be a pain in the arse. I've done the necessary documentation for my health fund and road tolls to change my account details. For one week, nothing has been updated. Very disappointed.
Anyway, I'll be getting $60 for opening the account and that equals to the 1 year of bank fees ($5 per month) I paid to Westpac.
Overall, fast in updating the transactions online and the description are very easy to understand with different symbols used to represent different transactions. Bonus $$ are always good!

Labels: