Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Setting Up the Orange Everyday Account

Setting up the Orange Everyday account with ING Direct is eas-sy.
All I have to do was to click on the right link, fill in my details and instantly, an account is being set up online. The next thing I've gotta do is to print out to the verification slip and bring it in to any post office with 100 points of ID, which in this case, my drivers license to confirm that my details are correct.
What I like about this process is the fast service. Within the first working day after I visited the post office, my account is set up and ready to be access with all the features. User friendly features include giving a personalised name to your account and the other accounts in the address book. For security, each time you set up an account in the address book, a sms is sent to you for confirmation.
Within 2 days of account activation, chop chop, I received a welcome pack with the debit card, pds,t&c and also paid postage envelopes and forms to take care of my direct debit arrangements. This is something new and this small act allows me to feel that they do look after their clients.
Once the account is opened, you can immediately open a savings maximiser account (an account with attractive interest) and link it to the orange everyday account. Since details are similar, the account is set up and can be access instantly, the only thing this time is to input ur TFN.
Overall, the account does not take much hassle to set up. Online features are easy to use and understand. The bank try its best to make their client feel welcome even though they are a virtual bank. Security features are not compromised. Good Stuff.

Labels: